What is Web Afternoon?
A mini-event for people who love the web taking place onSaturday, October 22nd, 2011 from 1pm to 5pm at the GTRI Conference Center in Atlanta GA.
A Web Afternoon is a mini event intended to inspire and educate people who love the web. Think TED, but for the web. Both speakers and attendees will be people from a variety of disciplines, but who all share a common passion for making the web a better place.
You come to events like this to learn new things, and our lineup of insightful, engaging people will leave you educated and inspired.
– Faruk Ates :: Co-creator of Modernizer and former Apple UI designer
– Denise Jacobs :: Author of the CSS Detective Guide, co-author of InterAct with Web Standards
– Ben Friedman :: A partner at Iconologic and former AIGA Atlanta President
– Leslie Jensen-Inman :: Founder and president of MORE LLC, and Assistant Professor at the University of Tennessee
– Theo Rosendorf :: Author of the Typography Deck Reference and Creative Director at Matador.
– Michael Mogill :: Founder of ATL Nightlife and Reboot Music, VP of FIT Radio.
– Todd Schnick :: Marketing strategist, radio show host, and editor of the 40in240 Mini-MBA project.
Everyone loves free stuff. At A Web Afternoon you’ll bathe in free WiFi and park your car for free. Plus we’ll be giving away a copy of Adobe Creative Suite Web Premium CS5.5 to one lucky attendee.
And since we know you’re thirsty, Coffee, soda, water, and other refreshments will be available at all times during the event, and there are even some special treats planned during the breaks.
The best part is since you’re a friend of UserInsight, you can get in for 50% off! Just use discount code ‘userinsight’ when you buy your tickets.
We’ll see you there! http://webafternoon.com